This great smoothie recipe will help you jump-start your week and give you a boost, especially if you are feeling a bit tired. It’s full of nutrients, vitamins and electrolytes, which will energize you for the day.
- Slice up an apple, a banana, a small cucumber and an orange. Place them in your blender and throw in a handful of kale or spinach leaves and some blueberries.
- Add a spoonful of chia and ground flax seeds for extra nutrients and antioxidants.
- Pour a cup of almond or any other plant-based milk of your choosing. (Alternatively you can use pomegranate juice or coconut water).
- Blend starting slow and then moving to a faster mode.
- Add some ice cubes if you like your smoothies cold or if the texture feels too thick.